Pompeii Of The East, Jerash : “Gerasa” is indisputably the most complete and best preserved Graeco-Roman city in the middle east.
07:30am pick up from hotel, we start driving to the north to Jerash, the well preserved city of the Roman Empire, often called Pompeii of the East. Initially built by Alexander the Great, the town started to prosper after the Roman conquest, and was one of the Decapolis cities in northern Jordan. Visit Hadrian's Arch, built in 130 AD to honor the visit of Emperor Hadrian. Pass the Hippodrome offering space for 15,000 spectators, the impressing Forum, continue to the Temple of Artemis, which columns are 12 meters high and each drum weights 20-40 tons. Other highlights are the Colonnaded Street and the Nymphaeum. Driving 1 hr we reach Amman to visit Citadel, Roman Theatre from 2nd century, we have rounds at the traditional souks. Transfer to Dead Sea Hotel.
● Transport by private, air conditioned, new vehicle with English speaking driver.
● Private English speaking spot guide in Jerash (about 1 hour).
● Entrance fee to Jerash, Amman Citadel & Roman Theatre.
● Mineral water on board of the vehicle.
● Meals and beverage not stated.
● Tips and private expenses.